Our paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free take on this delicious Southern comfort food. Try them sweet or savory!
1 lb. chicken breasts, cut in strips
1/4 C whole almonds, toasted
1 C almond flour
1 T salt
1 t black pepper
2 t mustard powder
1 box Kitchfix Original Grain-Free Waffles
1. Preheat your oven to 350*F.
2. In one bowl, whisk 2 eggs with a splash of water to create an egg wash. In another bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt, pepper, and mustard powder. If you don’t have almond flour, you can use any flour of your choice.
3. Gently pulse the toasted almonds in a food processor until they are finely ground. (If you are allergic to almonds, you can absolutely leave them out). Toss the almonds in with the flour mixture.
4. Dip your tenders in your egg wash, making sure they are well coated. Then, toss them in the flour/almond mixture until they are completely coated with crust. Place the breaded tenders on a sheet tray with a wire rack. If you don’t have a wire rack, simply flip your tenders half-way through the cooking process.
5. Bake the tenders for 10-15 minutes. They should be crispy and golden on the outside, but still juicy and tender on the inside.
6. Serve chicken tenders over Kitchfix Grain-Free Waffles. For a savory iteration, use Original waffles and your favorite hot sauce! For a sweeter version, choose Banana Cinnamon waffles and douse them in honey butter and maple syrup!