1 pint red grapes
4-5 fennel bulbs
1/2 c Kitchfix Honey Pecan Granola
1/2 c orange juice
1/2 c white wine vinegar
1 c water (or vegetable stock, if desired)
2 T honey
1 orange, zested
EVOO to taste
1 T rosemary
1 T thyme
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400* F.
2. Cut fennel bulbs into quarters, leaving the root mostly intact. Arrange the fennel bulbs in a roasting pan.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, white wine vinegar, water (or vegetable stock), honey, and orange zest. (Save the rest of the orange to supreme!)
4. Add the liquid to the roasting pan with the fennel. Season the fennel with salt and pepper, and finely chopped fresh rosemary and thyme. Cover the roasting pan tightly with foil. Roast for 20-30 minutes covered until the fennel is soft to the touch but not falling apart. Remove the foil and continue roasting until the fennel is cooked through and browning on top. The liquid should be mostly reduced at this point.
5. Toss red grapes in oil, salt, pepper, and add finely chopped rosemary and thyme. Roast in the oven on a sheet tray until grapes are caramelized.
6. Arrange roasted fennel bulbs on a plate, using roasted grapes, orange supremes, honey pecan granola, and fennel fronds as garnishes. Drizzle some of the reduced cooking liquid over the plate.
Enjoy as a side!